Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bible papers and space aliens...

I am writing this paper for my Bible class... I am supposed to write a 600-800 word paper on a man who's first information I read about him, and I quote says: "There was once a biography of Eusebius, written by his successor as Caesarea's bishop, but like so many other documents, it is lost. So we know nothing for certain about this historian's early life. He was probably born in Palestine, we think he was martyred but there is no way to know for sure." What!!! How in the world am I supposed to write a paper about a man who we barely know existed, much less anything about him!!....
I promptly started sobbing after reading that information...

Not only that, but we are supposed to write a captivating beginning and ending.
My only idea is that since we don't officially know how he died, I could add my own version of his death, perhaps involving space aliens... It would go something like this: One day, Eusebius of Caesarea was walking down the road, then suddenly a bright light appeared and an object came down from the heavens, he blindly tried to run away, but it was too fast... And!!!... it landed on him... the end.
The only problem is, I don't know how my Bible teacher would feel about this...

1 comment: